April 2, 2015

Anglican Blog Reader Mandated To Wed in Catholic Church Needs Help

Madam Laila Ijeoma.

Compliments. I am in my mid 30s-a business man. My woman is in the same age bracket with me. We started dating about two years ago and the relationship produced a baby girl. I have made moves to wed her on several occasions but her people are making things difficult for me. Right from the time I met her,I knew she is from a staunch catholic home but I didn’t envisage it would affect our relationship this much.

When I realized she was pregnant,I made moves to marry her
officially but the issue became ‘where to wed her and baptize the baby’. Her mum is a bit neutral but her dad and her elder brother(who is a reverend father) made so much issue out of it that I simply decided to cool it – so that she can have the baby in peace. Recently,I made moves to marry her-and the same issue(of where to wed) is rearing its ugly head again. The elder brother(who is a reverend father) even called me for a meeting recently and asked me to put my consent down in writing that all my kids will be brought up in the catholic faith(beginning with their baptism),I told him that I will do no such thing.

I left his office in annoyance. All these while,I have managed to keep the issue to my self but had to open up to my people recently-when my mum asked why my woman is still living in her father’s house with my baby. My mother became livid at their audacity and has made it clear that I should consider ‘searching’ for a life partner again. At a time,I even wanted us to just have the traditional rites and leave the church thing out of it…my woman gave me a favourable response but changed over night-after talking with her people.

I love my baby and I think they are using her as a bait-to make me dance to their tune. Truth is that I am not sure I want to have anything more to do with that family but I do not want to be accused of using and dumping anybody. I need your sincere advice please. We are from the South East. My woman doesn’t have a job-yet…even though she trained as a teacher’’

No comments:

Post a Comment