April 2, 2015

“We Voted Him, Lets Hope He Delivers” – Sexy Steel

Still in the euphoria of General Muhammadu Buhari’s triumph at the polls, Nigerians expect so much change from the President elect. Hiphop world magazine cornered Sexy Steel whose real name is Abbey Abuede, the singer shared his expectation from the incoming government, family, music and career.

The Interview……..

HHWM: Good afternoon Steel, Welcome to Hiphopworld magazine

Sexy Steel: I hail o boss… Ise Kan Naani

HHWM: It’s a new dawn in Nigerian politics. What do you have to say about it?

Sexy Steel: Well, I just have little to say, I am glad that there’s a change of Government which means that better things are coming our way. Things we’ve been envisaging will come through hopefully. It’s a fresh idea we’re looking forward to.

HHWM: What do you expect from the new government coming in, as an entertainer?

Sexy Steel: As an entertainer, I expect the best and what will favour us artistes and entertainers because I am sure we made positive impacts in the election. Thank God he’s there so I hope all the promises made will be fulfilled. So we just pray and hope for the best.

HHWM: What your take on the impact of the INEC chairman in the success of the presidential election, despite series of obstacles to frustrate his efforts?

Sexy Steel: I give kudos to Jega for being professional and no matter what was thrown at him he maintained his calm and carried out his obligations to the country. Everything went peaceful and I wish he still remains there as the leader of the electoral body so Nigeria would continue to have a free and fair election.

HHWM: Personally, did you vote?

Sexy Steel: yes, I did.

HHWM: Governorship elections next week, do you have a candidate?

Sexy Steel: Yes

HWWM: Are you going to tell us?

Sexy Steel: I keep my candidate known to myself.

HHWM: Lagos state as you know is a race between Ambode and Agbade. Is there a need for change or a matter of continuity? Your opinion

Sexy Steel: by continuity, are you saying if Ambode wins, it’s a continuity form the pending administration? Basically it’s gonna be a new government, whether it is the same party or not. “Ise kan naani” anyways. What I am praying for is that whoever wins should govern us well. Take a cue from Fashola for example, or someone better than him that would come in and make Lagos a better place.

Moving away from Politics,

HHWM: What is sexy steel up to presently?

Sexy Steel: Presently, I just dropped a new single called “Sisi”. I have been getting reviews form the listeners, my fans, they’re saying it is a very good song. It’s a captivating love song that is nice and you know everyone likes to be loved and I believe the song would gain massive acceptance.

HHWM: When are we expecting the video?

Sexy Steel: I would be dropping the video for ‘Sisi’ next month. I would be travelling to the States to shoot the video and I’d be coming back with 3 videos. I will be shooting videos for ‘Elenu’, ‘Sisi’ and ‘Omo dada’, Omo dada’s remix will be with Davido.

HHWM: Any album on the pipeline?

Sexy Steel: I am working towards December, so I would have enough time to push my singles and get them rocking the airwaves till people get conversant with it.

HHWM: Over the years, you seem to have maintained your Sexy Steel (fine boy) persona, what are your secrets behind that packaging?

Sexy Steel: “Ise kan naani gbogbo wa n se, packaging lo yato”. I always say this but people don’t understand why. I’ve been in the industry for over 16years and I’m relevant like every other day. It’s because I have carved a niche for myself, do my own thing in a very unique way. The whole secret is just being spectacular. Even if I drop one song a year, I’d still be relevant in the industry. Relevance is key because one day the end my come. That’s why I always make 2 face as a reference whenever I talk about being relevant and consistent. 2face is an example, he will always be there for years to come because he is spectacular in his art.

HHWM: How have you managed to remain scandal free?

Sexy Steel: I have been able to package myself to that extent. But really I am not a bad person and I am not saying I am a saint o, but I am getting close to perfection. I know how people see artistes so I try as much as possible not to do 90% of what other artistes do. I have never smoked in my life, nothing alcoholic, I am not a “pant” chaser at the same time I am not perfect. I try to abstain from anything that would implicate me.

HHWM: Are you married?

Sexy Steel: Yes now! I’m not single. I have been married since 2009.

HHWM: How have you be coping with pressure from the ladies?

Sexy Steel: it is a normal thing. As an entertainer, ladies would always wanna come your way, be around you. But it is left for you to know how manage that and I have been doing that over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment